Las Vegas draws tens of millions of visitors every year, and for good reason! The lavish city is filled with unique shows, unparalleled shopping, delectable dining, and sights you can’t find anywhere else. However, most people think of Las Vegas as a vacation city that’s better suited to adults. That perception couldn’t be further from the truth! In this article alone we’ll review 30 family friendly activities in Las Vegas. From outdoor activities to unbelievable museums, there’s an abundance of fun family activities in Las Vegas. You can start planning today because no matter how long your stay is, you’ll have trouble fitting in all of the family activities in Las Vegas.
Are there Family Friendly Activities in Las Vegas?
There are thousands of family friendly activities in Las Vegas, and there’s something for every taste, budget, and season. What makes Las Vegas a good destination for family vacations? The weather stays warm throughout the winter, which is alluring to tourists in snowy states, and makes Las Vegas a popular destination in early Spring or Fall. Las Vegas is known for providing amazing shopping opportunities, with unique stores for every niche and interest. Or, for those seeking desirable brand names and souvenirs, malls like Miracle Mile Shops offer a huge range of stores that can be strolled for hours. From breathtaking nature hikes to side splitting comedy acts, there’s a reason that so many people flock to family activities in Las Vegas.
30 Unmissable Family Friendly Activities in Las Vegas
If the rain or an unpredictably hot day has got you seeking shade or a place to lay low indoors, don’t worry. There are tons of fun family activities in Las Vegas that keep you entertained inside.
- Shark Reef Aquarium
- Step into an undersea experience that gives visitors a concentrated dose of aquatic inspiration, including a concentration of exotic sharks that you would never be able to see in the wild. Visitors will be exposed to thousands of different animals, including piranhas, a giant sea turtle, and Komodo dragons. The added virtual reality experience will let your whole family feel truly immersed in the ocean.
- Las Vegas Mini Grand Prix Family Fun Center
- Bring everyone together in group activities like go-kart racing at the Las Vegas Grand Prix Family Fun Center. Open 7 days a week, this family fun center challenges drivers with 4 different go kart courses – including the largest track in Nevada! Kiddie carts make this fun family activity in Las Vegas accessible to a wide range of ages. What are you waiting for? Unleash you competitive side on the track!
- Lost Worlds Myth & Magic
- This whimsical indoor play center has over 30,000 square feet of space that has been carefully designed to entertain and inspire imagination. Laser tag, rock climbing walls, a magic cauldron ball pit, and a ninja warrior course will keep the entire family playing for hours! When hunger strikes, dine on some delicious pizza and then get back to the fun.
- Top Golf
- For older kids, or as a reward for parents that have kept kids occupied all day, Top Golf is a great place to let off some steam and relax while playing a virtual round of golf. Enjoy a beautiful skyline while getting the family to play Angry Birds golf, or work on your short game. The kids menu, drink specials, and scrumptious bar food is sure to satisfy all ages and tastes.
Shopping at some of the most notable brands in the world is, without question, one of the most fun family activities in Las Vegas. Peruse brand names or dive into small, out-of-the-way shops that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Attic Salt
- If you want something interesting and memorable as a keepsake for your family trip to Las Vegas, browse the interesting and unique collection at Attic Salt. This brand is built on humor and a quirky sense of style. You’ll find collectibles, books, and clothes in the Attic Salt inventory, and it’s always changing.
- Grab the latest in summer style and don’t forget swimsuits, hats, accessories and more from Billabong. Their signature clothes make the latest trends easily accessible.
- Magnet Max
- Magnet Max specializes in appealing to kids with a huge selection of interesting toys, apparel, and specialty gifts. This curated collection of souvenirs is a highly sought after shopping destination in Miracle Mile Shops and all of Las Vegas!
- Name brand shoes and clothing abound at Journeys. After a long day of walking in old shoes, you can find the perfect next pair and an eye-catching T-shirt or hat at Journeys. From Fall boots to Summer slip ons, Journeys offers sizes and styles for the whole family.
No matter what’s on your itinerary, don’t miss out on the amazing dining experiences available throughout Las Vegas – especially at Miracle Mile Shops. Fill up and cool down with desert before heading back out for more fun.
- Earl of Sandwich
- With a reputation for having the world’s greatest hot sandwich, you can’t go wrong with Earl of Sandwich. From breakfast to dinner, Earl of Sandwich has a menu with something tasty for everyone. If you’re looking for something a little bit healthier, Earl of Sandwich also offers wraps, salads, soups, and other health conscious items for all customers.
- Nacho Daddy
- Has your family ever heard of gourmet nachos? When you’re in Las Vegas, get a taste of what has made Nacho Daddy legendary in the culinary scene. Big plates piled high with some of the most delicious ingredients you’ve ever tasted have made Nacho Daddy a favorite for Las Vegas locals and tourists alike. These platters are perfect for sharing.
- Cereal Killerz Kitchen
- Kids love cereal, right? Cereal Killerz Kitchen has brought a new approach to dining and made breakfast favorites available for any meal with over 100 cereal brands and dairy or non-dairy milk options. But that’s not all. Cereal Killerz Kitchen takes cereal to the next level by letting you mix cupcakes, cookies, chocolate syrup, Nutella, fresh fruit, and more with your favorite cereal. No matter how many times you go, you’ll never get the same thing twice!
Fun and learning combine in some of the most interesting and captivating family activities in Las Vegas. World renowned museums await!
- Superhero Museum
- Do you and your family love superheroes? Well, go and visit the Superhero Museum and immerse yourself in the world of heroes and villains from your favorite action films and television shows.
- Las Vegas Natural History Museum
- For young kids that want a more tactile experience (and parents who want learning opportunities for their children), look no further than the Las Vegas Natural History museum. The museum regularly offers special events and is a great option for diverse age ranges. Older children will love the realistic depictions of dinosaurs and other animals, while younger kids will be highly engaged with hands-on activities.
- Pinball Hall of Fame
- Where else can you see AND try hundreds of vintage pinball games from around the world? Only in Las Vegas will you find a museum of this caliber. Experience the pinball lover’s dream and let the whole family experience the rich history of arcades from the last 50 years.
- Bodies: The Exhibition
- The Bodies exhibition is almost unbelievable upon your first visit. While it might not be appropriate for all ages, or for the easily squeamish, this museum has used an incredible preservation process to display real bodies and organs. Discover the wonder of the human body in absolute lifelike realness!
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Browse in wonder at over 250 artifacts recovered from the wreckage of the Titanic. With over 25 million visitors every year, this is one of the most visited Titanic exhibits in the world!
Must-See City Sights
If you’re going to be spending any time on the strip, don’t miss these iconic landmarks around the city.
- Viva Vision Light Show
- Known as the “world’s largest light show,” the Viva Vision performances are truly breathtaking. Over 16.4 million pixels shine and pulse along to hit songs in “mind-blowing visuals.” Shows play every night on Fremont street!
- High Roller Ferris Wheel
- The High Roller ferris wheel gives daring riders an unmatched view of the city at any time of time day or night. At its peak, the ferris wheel vaults visitors up to 550 feet above street level.
- Eiffel Tower Experience
- Scale a half-size replica of the real Eiffel Tower and take in the view from 46 stories high.
Family Friendly Shows and Entertainment
Comedy, theatre, magic, and musical acts are part of what makes Las Vegas so special. Experience the thrill of live entertainment at one of the amazing shows found right within Miracle Mile shops.
- Nathan Burton Family Comedy show
- Nathan Burton gained notoriety at an early age as one of the best magicians in the world. His family-friendly and family-run show is perfect for all ages and is filled with humor, illusions, and plenty of surprises!
- Las Vegas Ultimate Variety Show
- A true variety show is the quintessential Las Vegas experience. The ultimate variety show at Saxe theatre features stunning acrobatics, magic, comedy, and endless entertainment from seasoned professionals.
- Popovich Comedy Pet Theatre
- Gregory Popovich brings a quirky cast of human and animal characters to his hilarious performance. Jaw-dropping juggling, slapstick performances, and delightful animal appearances have made this show an international sensation and one of the best live entertainment option for families.