You may have heard of Las Vegas’ legendary night life. While that reputation holds true, there’s so much more that Las Vegas has to offer. If you’re planning a visit and wondering what to do in Vegas during the day, we’re here to help you create a must-do list while on vacation. From outstanding shopping through miles of stores to jaw-dropping natural beauty and hikes, there are countless fun things to do in Vegas during the day. Find the categories of activities below that are of most interest to you, or take the whole list and stop wondering what to do in Vegas during the day!
Hiking and Outdoors
Whether you’re a serious outdoor enthusiast or just looking to stretch your legs and get some sunshine, Las Vegas has the perfect option for you. Take a quick hike or snap a pic feeding lions at one of these unique destinations that are only a few minutes away from the city.
- Lion Habitat Ranch
- The Lion Habitat Ranch is an amazing way to get up close and personal with some of nature’s fiercest predators. The Lion Habitat Ranch helps provide a wonderful home to all sorts of large, predatory cats that need a caring environment but can’t return to the wild. In addition to supporting conservation efforts in Africa, the Lion Habitat Ranch also educates visitors on how they can make an impact, and allows them to visit with a host of animals, even getting near enough to feed them!
- Springs Preserve
- Spend all day hiking, touring an on-site museum, letting the kids cool off in a splash pad, or even wander through one of the amazing exhibits all at Springs Preserve. This oasis outside of the city gives visitors a great look at the natural Nevada landscape while also offering indoor activities, dining, and educational experiences. The best part? Springs preserve is just outside of the city!
- Red Rock Canyon
- Gaze at the blazing red sandstone peaks and hike past seasonal waterfalls in Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area. This is one of the highest rated outdoor attractions near Las Vegas, and it will get you out of the noisy city before returning for a night of bar hopping and entertainment.
- Get some time out on the links at Angel Park Golf Club. Did you forget your clubs and other equipment? Don’t worry! Angel Park Golf Club can fully outfit visitors for a full day of fun. Finish the day with a beer and a bit to eat at the clubhouse before heading back to the strip.
Dining might be the best answer for what to do in Las Vegas during the day. An enormous range of restaurants offer visitors everything from scrumptious takeout to 5-star dining – all within just a few miles of the downtown area. No matter how long you’ll be in Las Vegas, be sure to enjoy some of the best food that the city has to offer.
- Cabo Wabo Cantina
- Sammy Hagar dominated rock ‘n’ roll and now he’s creating a culinary empire with the Cantina chain. You can rock out in style right along the strip while eating delicious Mexican fare. An amazing menu and great views of downtown make lunch or an early dinner at Cabo Wabo Cantina one of the more fun things in Vegas during the day. Plus, Cabo Wabo Cantina is one of the best places to catch a high-profile sporting event!
- PBR Rock Bar and Grill
- Ride the famed mechanical bull or sit back and relax at the bar with a huge selection of beers on tap and a delicious bar menu. Since they’re open for breakfast, you can stop by PBR Rock Bar and Grill for a quick bit before planning what to do in Las Vegas during the day! Towering burgers and delicious drink specials will not disappoint.
- Ocean One Bar and Grille
- If you want a more refined dining experience, Ocean One Bar and Grille serves up a mix of seafood and healthy options with a Mediterranean twist. Enjoy salads, Mahi Mahi tacos, or a French dip served right in the heart of the city.
- Lobster ME
- For another fresh ocean pick, stop by Lobster ME and discover the best lobster in town! Lobster ME offers a large selection of Maine classics like Lobster chowder, Lobster Mac and cheese, and the legendary lobster roll. If you want a little taste of the east coast while you’re in the middle of the desert, don’t miss Lobster ME.
Many stores are only open during the day (or close in the early evening), leaving nightime for entertainment, drinking, and strolling the strip. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to find that one-of-a-kind souvenir, a unique collectible, or fashionable pair of shoes. The stores at Miracle Mile Shops are calling! Below is a diverse list of shopping opportunities that will help you find everything from a keepsake to a new work of art.
- Find pieces you can only see in a few other US-based stores! Miracle Mile Shops are proud to include brands that are difficult to find elsewhere. Desigual clothes are as unique, audacious, and stylish as the city itself. Identified by bright colors and fashionable patterns, Desigual clothing makes a statement in every sense.
- Crazy Shirts
- For unique styles in men’s and women’s casual wear that goes beyond brand name, don’t pass up Crazy Shirts. Capture a little bit of island spirit or represent one of their signature brands. No matter what you choose, you’ll be glad that you stopped by Crazy Shirts.
- DeRubeis Fine Art
- Las Vegas is home to an internationally recognized cadre of artists, musicians, performers, and cultural forces. Chris DeRubeis has made a permanent mark on the art world with his unbelievably imaginative metal sculptures that have been described as “abstract sensualism.” Come and see for yourself!
- Wyland Galleries
- Miracle Mile Shops are home to Robert Wyland’s gallery of wonderfully surreal ocean-inspired paintings that adorn the homes of thousands of fans around the world. Visit the gallery to understand why so many collectors want a Wyland piece!
On the Strip
Stay right on the strip and experience all that Vegas has to offer. Iconic hotels and restaurants stand side-by-side down the full length of the strip, providing tourists days of strolling and discovery while on vacation.
- Fountains at Bellagio
- Every 30 minutes during the day you can catch a spectacular display at the Bellagio fountains. You’ve likely seen the fountains in movies and memorable photographs, but the powerful jets are a sight to behold in person.
- Downtown Container Park
- This creatively constructed park is made from shipping containers and offers visitors dining, entertainment, and shopping for hours! Kids play areas and live entertainment are available at different locations throughout the Downtown Container park.
- The Las Vegas Sign
- What is more universally recognizable than the Las Vegas sign? Pull over for a quick picture during the day and get a cheap keepsake for years to come. The sign “is located in the median at 5100 Las Vegas Boulevard South, north of the historic stone pillars of the old McCarran International Airport.”
- Neon Museum
- The Neon Museum is almost certainly unlike anything you’ve seen before. This amazing collection captures various periods of Las Vegas’ history purely through neon signs and other fixtures.
Looking for something other than shopping and dining to do during the day in Vegas? Check out these more adventurous opportunities to experience the vacation of a lifetime.
- Skydive Las Vegas
- Get the ultimate view of Las Vegas while rocketing at 120 MPH with an experienced skydiver to guide your descent. Open 7 days a week and 365 days per year, Skydive Las Vegas is a perfect option for what to do in Vegas during the day.
- Stratosphere Observation Deck
- SkyPod gives you a stunning 360 degree view of the city and was even awarded a 2020 Traveler’s Choice. You can eat and sip on cocktails in the Top of the World restaurant. During the day you can gaze beyond the brightly lit city into the surrounding landscape, admiring the natural beauty of the desert from an air conditioned venue.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Water Park
- The hot summer sun will have you looking for a place to cool off during the day in Las Vegas. Don’t settle for crashing on the couch in your hotel room! Take a trip to Wet ‘n’ Wild Water Park and splash around in style. This park is a great option for families traveling with kids, or adults who want to lounge in the pool and have fun on the “maximum thrill rides.” Enjoy a meal when hunger strikes, then get right back to the fun.
- Exotics Racing
- Experience the thrill of driving your dream car! Exotics Racing lets visitors choose from a wide range of vehicles, including everything from go karts to super cars like a Ferrari. After selecting your ride, take it on the “fastest and safest track in Las Vegas” and let it rip!